Simple & Straightforward Software
Sage 50 Accounts is simple and straightforward accounts software to help businesses keep on top of their finances - and now we've made it even easier to become an expert.
Our intuitive interface makes creating quotes, invoices and statements a breeze, and users can manage sales or VAT payments, store customer and supplier details at the touch of a button.
Take a look at the In-Depth tab above for details on topics ranging from Getting Started to Cash Flow Control to Managing Customers & Suppliers...everything you need to take control of your finances.
Take a closer look...
New Sage 50 Accounts with Sage Drive
New Sage 50 Accounts now includes Sage Drive - an innovative new way of working that harnesses cloud technology, giving users the flexibility to work with accountants in real-time as well the option to add connected users and mobile apps.
What is Sage Drive?
What our customers say:
Sage Drive has allowed me to use Sage 50 Accounts during the day on my laptop and the ability to access up-to-date data instead of having to back up manually.
The simple infographic below illustrates how Sage 50 Accounts with Sage Drive work seamlessly together.
Seamlessly work with your accountant in real-time
Connect multiple users to your Sage 50 Accounts software
View key business information on the move from your smartphone
Process sales on the move directly from your tablet
What can Sage Drive do for me?
Sage Drive can now be activated as part of Sage 50 Accounts and gives users access to their accounts on the move, wherever and whenever an internet connection is available. That's dynamic, real-time collaborative working with colleagues and accountants in any location.
So on top of all the functionality expected as part of market leading software, users now have the power of Sage Drive to support with real-time business insight - whether that's via the desktop, while working from home or out and about on the move.
If you trade overseas, control and track your transactions in multiple currencies with the Foreign Trader app.
Record overseas purchases and manage fluctuating exchange rates all with the peace of mind that the Foreign Trader app will help you stay compliant with HMRC requirements.
Sage 50 CIS
Simplify tax obligations under the Construction Industry Scheme legislation, with Sage Construction Industry Software app.
Make your monthly subcontractor statement processing easier and reduce the risk of a fine with automated calculations and submissions directly to HMRC.
Sage 50 Accounts Tracker
Know exactly how your business is performing even when you're away from the office - get instant access to your finances with Sage 50 Accounts Tracker app.
It's quick and easy to use, so you don't need to know how to use Sage 50 Accounts to be able to keep track of your business performance.
Sage 50 Accounts Mobile Sales
Manage your sales on the move and make your customer relationships better with Sage 50 Accounts Mobile Sales app, available on tablet.
Easily get in touch with customers and close sales more quickly, with real time, up to the minute information at your fingertips.
Speed up your cash flow by accepting debit & credit card payments online through your website, over the phone or directly from an invoice sent out to your customers from Sage Accounts.
Why choose Sage 50 Accounts apps?
Sage 50 Accounts apps give you convenient, on-the-go access to your finances, allowing you to:
- Connect to your accounts via your mobile or tablet
- See real-time updates as they happen, with multi-user access
- Save time, be productive and more efficient
- Collaborate with your colleagues and accountant
- Buy from the Sage Store today and the software will be available immediately via download
- Quick online registration and activation included as standard
- Users will be up and running in a matter of minutes
- Straightforward company setup allows customisation to match any business
- Clear, concise language means the software is totally free of accounting jargon
- New and improved user interface design
- Easy to navigate and highly effective accounting software
- Online help centre full of guides and video demos to quickly get to grips with features
- Practice data provided to allow unlimited testing with dummy numbers
- Step by step walk-throughs of key processes such as Year End and VAT returns
- Easy to import data from Microsoft Excel (.xls, .xlsx and .csv files)
- All reports can be customised to suit any business
- Tailor the navigation and toolbar for quick access to most used features
- Clearly labelled keyboard shortcuts to save you time
- New interface is designed to make it easy to become an efficient user
- Regular automatic back-ups can be scheduled without interrupting users
- Comes with a single user and single company licence included as standard
- Up to two concurrent users and network installation can be added (additional charge)
- An unlimited number of companies can be added (additional charge)
- Set up a Chart of Accounts suited to the business
- Create specific budgets for key areas of the business to simplify cash flow forecasting
- Preferences and access levels for multiple users easily configurable
- Manage time effectively and work towards deadlines with integrated diary feature
- Further bolt on features for Sage 50 Accounts include:
Send and receive online payments securely and efficiently - available via www.sagepay.co.uk starting from £15 per month
Sage 50 CIS
Keep up to data and compliant with construction industry legislation for only £10 per month
Sage Foreign Trader
Work with foreign customers and suppliers in multiple currencies for only £10 per month
Hassle Free VAT
- Everything required to effectively manage VAT
- Dedicated VAT section that walks users through the process
- Complete VAT returns in four easy steps using the VAT wizard
- In-built calculators mean VAT can be reconciled quickly and easily
- Includes a VAT verifier to make sure returns contain the necessary transactions
- All submissions can be sent to HMRC online - a legal requirement for most businesses
- Software displays the status of VAT returns so users are kept up to date with progress
- Different tax codes and rates can be setup to suit your business
- Manage standard VAT, VAT Cash Accounting, Flat Rate VAT and Irish VAT Cash Accounting
- Record and manage EC Sales List returns
Cash Flow Control
- Complete control over cash flow
- Record money going in and out of your business
- Manage multiple payment methods including cash, cheque, card and direct debit
- Advanced credit position and bank reconciliation
- Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet Reports
- Share data electronically with your accountant
- Step by step guides to Year End and Month End processing
- Configured to allow users to easily correct mistakes
- Set lock dates to close-off financial periods
- Create, store and easily find customer information
- Quick Search feature instantly searches through customer records
- Bespoke customer dashboard highlights outstanding debts
- Customised and professional looking quotations and invoices
- Sales invoices can be recorded in batches to save time and improve efficiency
- Quotes, invoices and statements can be sent via email direct to customers
- Add Sage Pay Pay Now buttons to invoices (requires a Sage Pay subscription)
- Check quotes for profit margin before committing
- Complete history of customer communication and activity available for reference
- Apply flexible discounts and easily process refunds
- Inactive customer records can be flagged and hidden
- Powerful reporting tools to provide critical insight and information to users
- Store supplier addresses, contacts and credit information
- Search supplier records instantly using the Quick Search feature
- Simple breakdown of outstanding invoices and who is owed money
- Flag urgent outstanding payments and tasks for completion that day
- Purchase invoices can be recorded in batches to save time
- Pay invoices promptly from within the Sage 50 Accounts software
- Save and view a history of all supplier activities and communications
- Inactive supplier records can be flagged and hidden
- Variety of reports available to analyse supplier debt, activity and performance
- Email reports to other users, employees or suppliers when required
Product and Stock Control
- Complete control over products and stock
- Configurable product stock codes, descriptions, categories and
- Service quotes and invoices can easily be recorded onto the system
- Data dashboard displays the top and bottom performing products in the range
- Monitor the quantity and value of products in stock
- Automatic updates to stock levels when invoices are posted
- Profitability of each individual product line can be viewed
- Inactive product records able to be flagged and hidden
- Records can be kept up to date with a stock take
- Add barcodes and QR codes to products to speed up processes
- Insightful reports around product performance can quickly be setup
- Comprehensive data around product sales by different customers
Sage Drive & Sage 50 Accounts apps
The Technical Requirements and Licence Information for Sage 50 Accounts are available via downloadable PDF.
Apple Mac Compatibility
Sage 50 Accounts software is not compatible with Apple Mac hardware, unless users are running Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 via the Apple Boot Camp utility.