On 19 April 2016, HMRC introduced some of the most significant changes to CIS legislation in years:
- You must submit returns online
- You must re-submit returns for any period that you've amended (due to a mistake or change)
Our customers tell us that 1 in 2 CIS returns need to be amended after they have been submitted.
From April 2017, the UK Government are planning to announce further changes including compulsory online verification of subcontractors. For more details on these changes, see HMRC e-bulletin (page 12).
Leave the new CIS legislation changes to us
Sage 50c CIS makes handling invoices and payments to subcontractors quick and easy. It's fully compliant with the latest legislation changes and CIS returns can be submitted online to HMRC in just a few clicks. It's also simple to correct any errors and re-submit.
- Comply with the latest regulations and get guaranteed cover for future changes in 2017.
- Seamless processing and submission of CIS returns direct to HMRC in just a few clicks.
- Amend and resubmit at the touch of a button.
- Easily enter batch supplier transactions.
- Quick and easy processing of subcontractors invoices and payments - increase your CIS submission speed by up to 25 hours* per month!
- All your CIS transactions safely stored and recorded in one place
- Record the right information and ensure you deduct the correct tax rates.
- Automatically produce your monthly sub-contractor payment statements.
And that's not all, we've got updates coming soon to simplify how you record Part Payments and we'll make sure new legislation is covered. Get on with the job, and leave the accounting to us.
Sage CIS works seamlessly with Sage 50c, previously known as Sage 50 Accounts, and costs only £10 per month. So you can also benefit from all the new accounting features, including mobile access with Sage Drive**, bank feed automation, faster working and payments in just a few clicks**.
*Average time calculated based on a business processed 10 subcontractors transactions over the course of a month with monthly return calculation and submitting online.
**Only available to customers on Sage Cover Extra and Subscription contracts. Terms and conditions apply.