Take care of your payroll processes with the latest version of Sage 50 Payroll - packed full of the tools and features you need to maintain complete control. With automatic assessment, award-winning support and a direct link to HMRC you can transform the pain of payroll into a positive pastime!
Why Choose Sage 50 Payroll?
Automated Payslips for Sage 50 Payroll
Automated Payslips enables you to send payslips to your employees without having to print, post email them individually. Simply select whether you want them printed and/or to be accessed securely online and everything else is done for you.
Keep Updated with Payroll & Pension Legislation
You'll be fully equipped to handle Real Time Information (RTI) and get prepared for the new workplace pension legislation - Automatic Enrolment - with ease.
Holiday Pay and Overtime Ruling
Sage 50 Payroll is fully compliant with the latest legislation and makes this process easy to manage. Avoid being caught out by recent ruling from the Employment Appeal Tribunal (EAT). Start including overtime in your holiday payment calculations - all at the click of a button.
Automate Payroll Calculations
Run an accurate payroll quickly and efficiently. Payments and deductions including PAYE, statutory sick pay and maternity pay are calculated automatically with the option to pay employees via eBanking.
Electronically Submit Data to HMRC
Take the hassle out of keeping your HMRC PAYE data up-to-date. Collect data straight from the HMRC Secure Mailbox, and submit starters, leavers & Real Time Information (RTI) direct from the software.
Securely Store Employee Records
Save your important employee information in one place and keep it secure by applying access rights for users. Store detailed records including personal information, tax codes and pay history.
Software Updates & Support Included
Sage 50 Payroll comes with expert payroll support & automatic software updates as standard. You'll always have the latest tax year updates, latest software and priority access to payroll experts.
Take a closer look...
- From £20 + VAT p/m
- Benefit from Automated Payslips
- Manage from 1 to Unlimited Employees
- 1 User & 1 Company Licence Included
- Expert Payroll Support Included
- Free Software & Legislation Updates
Optional monthly extras
- Manage up to 100 Employees*
(add £5 + VAT p/m)
- Manage Unlimited Employees*
(add £25 + VAT p/m)
- Manage Multiple Companies
(add from £15 + VAT p/m)*
- Network Installation for Unlimited Users
(add £10 + VAT p/m)
- Pensions Module or NHS Pensions Module
(add from £15 + VAT p/m)
* Only available with Sage 50 Payroll - over 25 employees option
Enhance your Sage 50 Payroll
On top of market-leading software and award-winning support, Sage 50 Payroll users have the option to enhance their product with specific modules designed to help manage the burden of legislation.
Sage 50 Payroll Pensions Module
Get to grips with new legislation in minutes rather than months with our simple and effective Pensions Module - are you ready for Automatic Enrolment?
Packed full of features to reduce the burden of Automatic Enrolment, the Pensions Module allows you to automate core requirements associated with employee pensions. Asses your workforce, manage your data and communicate with your employees in just a few clicks.
Sage 50 Payroll Pensions Module
now with NHS Pensions
Take the pain out of managing complex tiered pensions with our bespoke NHS module - includes access to specific NHS help in the Pensions Centre..
Designed specifically for GP Surgeries, Dentist Practices, Physiotherapists and Health Workers, the NHS Pensions Module automates the process of assessing employees and allows bulk uploading of data to save you time and eliminate potential errors - complex just became straightforward!
Introducing Automated Payslips
- A fully automated payslip solution that will reduce the admin cost of paying your people
- Peace of mind with online payslips hosted securely
- Reduce printing and postage costs
- Reduce your workload from printing and posting payslips
- Allows for seamless integration with your Sage 50 Payroll software
- Be more green by reducing your carbon footprint
- Easily and quickly manage historic payslip queries
- It's convenient - with 24/7 anywhere/anytime access to payslips
- You can quickly and easily access historic payslips
Easy to use Payroll software
- Install & get started in minutes
- Priotiy access to our payroll experts by phone, email or live chat
- Easy set-up wizard walks you through setting up your business
- 'Show me how' videos walk you through key tasks
- Get to grips with your software with practice data
- Import your existing payroll data from a CSV file
- Connect with Microsoft Office
Manage your payroll
- Automatically calculate PAYE, National Insurance & tax deductions
- Print or email payslips to employees
- Choose from a range of payslip layouts
- Electronically pay employees using e-banking
- RTI (Real Time Information) ready - submit to HMRC every time you pay your employees
- Set up custom holiday allowances & absence types for different people
- Record and calculate Student Loan & Salary Sacrifice deductions
- Set variances in pay or hours and be alerted when these are reached
Expert payroll support you can rely on
- Speak to our payroll experts by phone, email or live chat
- Connect live via remote desktop access for on-the-spot problem solving
- Priority access to our payroll experts - no more waiting in queues
- Online FAQ database, free webinars & business toolkits
- Unlimited access to the Sage Business Community
Store detailed employee records
- Name, address, date of birth & contact details
- Payroll number, tax code & National Insurance details
- Record appraisals & meeting history
- Track sickness & absence patterns
- Holiday entitlement
- Save disciplinary records
- Employments and salary history
- Written statements of employment
- Attach documents to employee records
Stay compliant with payroll legislation
- HMRC recognised software with the latest tax year updates 2014/2015
- Receive free legislation updates directly to your software
- Submit PAYE data to HMRC online in real time (Real Time Information)
- Automatically calculate statutory sick, maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Record student loans and attachment of earnings
- Record fixed amount or percentage calculated pension schemes
- Stay up-to-date with National Minimum Wage & company car allowances
Prepare for Automatic Enrolment
- Use our Pension Centre to create your personalised auto enrolment action plan based on The Pensions Regulator's best practice advice
- Set up your Pensions quickly and easily with Pension's Fast-Track
- Understand the cost of Automatic Enrolment to your business by calculating the contributions
Real Time Information (RTI) ready
- Real Time Information (RTI) will be a legal requirement from April
- Submit to HMRC every time you pay your employees
- Dedicated RTI Centre walks you through all you need to do
- Check your PAYE data for errors before submitting
- Employer Payment Submission, notifying HMRC of adjustments to your employees overall PAYE
- Validate and obtain new employee National Insurance Numbers with NINO Verification
- Submit your PAYE data to HMRC in a single click
Analyse your payroll data
- Easily generate payslips, payment summaries, holiday and absence reports and more
- Quickly find and print a range of reports with the Report Browser
- Save your favourite reports for easy access
- Run statutory reports P32, P35, P60 and P11
- Analyse data by cost centre and department
- Create your own reports with the report designer
- Get three free customised reports from our payroll support team
- Get our most popular monthly and yearly reports free
Keep your payroll accurate and secure
- Easy backup and restore your data
- Roll your data back to correct errors from previous payroll runs
- Apply access rights to restrict users from accessing certain areas of the program
- Securely email payslips to employees
- Password protect PDF reports to keep them secure
- Call our payroll experts to help you move, backup or recover your data
- Express data recovery service within one working day
The technical requirements and licence information is available via downloadable PDF.
The UK's no.1 payroll software with award-winning support
Our award winning support really can make the world of difference when it comes to getting the most out of your Sage 50 Payroll software and remaining legislatively compliant.
We have over 400 UK-based friendly experts on hand to respond to your calls and emails, supporting you to use your software to its full potential.
Sage 50 Payroll support includes:
Automatic Software Updates
You'll be able to download free updates and feature upgrades to your software, so you can be sure you'll always have the most up-to-date payroll software on the market.
Our automatic legislation updates mean your software will be fully equipped for major legislation changes including Real Time Information (RTI) and pension auto-enrolment.
|Expert telephone support
Pick up the phone and speak to our award-winning experts. They'll help you set up your software and walk you through important tasks like submitting data to HMRC.
|Priority access to support
We'll connect you to our experienced technicians right away. If we can't answer your call first time one of our experts will call you back as soon as they're available.
Our expert technicians can access your PC remotely to help you solve specific problems and hold your hand through managing your payroll.
|Online Support & Advice
Communicate in real-time with our advisers by live web chat, send an email to our helpdesk, or access our 'Ask Sage' online FAQ database.
|Customised payroll reports
Our in-house experts will customise up to three reports for your business per year, plus you'll receive the three most popular reports each year and our 'Report of the month'.
|Sage Business Community
The place for Sage Cover customers to network and make new business connections, share advice, hints and tips about anything to do with working in or running their business.
|Express Data Repair
If you've lost data or need it repaired, our in-house team will do their best to retrieve and repair your Sage data within a turnaround of one working day.
Join the Sage Business Community
Our Business Community is an online
environment where business support
and advice are exchanged 24/7.
An ideal place to connect with other
businesses, share information and
others, giving you the
freedom to succeed.